I recently started selling my ebook and affiliate marketing success trackers with SendOwl, and I was surprised at not only how easy it is to use, it’s also incredibly powerful and effective. So I started thinking: what are some of the ways to make money with SendOwl, anyway?
btw: In case you’ve never heard of them before (because, even though SendOwl sellers have made nearly a BILLION dollars, many people have never heard of them!), let me tell you a bit about them before I share the seven ways to make money with SendOwl.
Basically, SendOwl is a platform that allows online business owners to sell their digital and physical goods, in just about the easiest, most affordable way — that I’ve found, anyway!
Here’s a quick overview of how it works:
- You create a product for sale — like an ebook, digital downloads, audio lessons, and online course, etc.
- You sign up for SendOwl, who then securely takes payments and delivers the products automatically on your behalf.
It’s pretty much as simple as that! Though they do offer more options as you grow (like the ability to have affiliates for your products, integrations with things like email marketing systems, selling physical products, etc.) it really makes it SUPER easy for online business owners like us to make more money.
If you don’t have anything for sale yet, you may be wondering what kind of digital products can you sell with SendOwl. I’ve got ideas for you!
Digital Products You Can Sell with SendOwl:
- Audio Files
- Calendars, editable/printable PDFs
- Cards, printable (birthday, thank you, gift, holiday, invitations, wedding, party, etc.)
- Cheat Sheets
- Clip Art
- Craft Patterns and/or Tutorials
- DIY Printables, Patterns or Mini Classes
- eBook Templates
- Editable Blog Planners
- Editable Spreadsheets
- Editable Templates
- Editable Worksheets
- Email Courses
- Email Funnel Templates
- Goal Trackers
- Habit Trackers
- Keyword Planners
- Lessons (music, language, etc.)
- Lightroom/Photoshop Presets
- Meal Plans/Prep/Recipes/Shopping Lists
- Meditations, audios
- Membership Sites
- Music (albums, ringtones, and royalty free music for classes, YouTube, etc.)
- Planners and Accessories (stickers, bookmarks, etc.)
- PowerPoint Templates
- Printable Art
- Printable Gifts
- Quote Art (for home decor, kid’s rooms, schools, offices, nurseries, weddings, graduates, moms, dads, bedrooms, etc.)
- Resume Templates
- Social Media Planners & Templates
- Stock Photography
- Video Tutorials
- Videos (stock video)
- Wedding Planners
- Wedding Printables (table signs, banners, napkin rings, name tags, place settings, hashtag signs, save the date, seating charts, etc.)
- WordPress Plugins
- WordPress Themes
Believe it or not, this isn’t even a complete list! But I wanted to give you enough ideas so you can think of something to create and sell with SendOwl on your own blog!
Some of the highlights of selling with SendOwl:
- Instant payments (no waiting weeks or months to get paid!)
- They have excellent support
- You can be up and selling in minutes, not days or weeks!
- They provide easy to read stats
- They have a recurring affiliate program, so you can get paid month after month for introducing other sellers to SendOwl!
7 WAYS TO MAKE MONEY WITH SENDOWL
1. Sell Digital Downloads for Free
It’s true: you can try SendOwl free for 30 days. After that, you will have to choose a plan, but they start as low as $9 per month, and even the highest plan is just $39. (I found the $24/month plan perfect for my needs.)
If you set it up right, not only should SendOwl pay for itself, it should quickly start adding to your income.
So what does “set it up right” mean, exactly? Well, just above this I offered a list of product types you could offer. The next step is finding the right product that fits your particular customers needs and provides a “quick win.”
You don’t need to create a 15 hour video course on your subject — who has time for that, anyway?! A quick, one hour course or a 40 page ebook on a sub-topic within your niche that provides a fast and easy way for your blog readers to create and experience a specific outcome – again, quickly – is key to success in selling digital downloads.
This holds true for those who don’t want to sell courses, but some of the other things I mentioned you could sell:
- Printable art? A fast and easy way to bring beauty to your home.
- Printable cards? A last minute fix for people who forgot to buy a card at the store.
- Printable games? Another last minute answer for those who need a solution to “what are we going to do at this party?” – FAST.
So you can see, selling digital downloads via SendOwl is a great way to make money. But it’s not the only way…
2. Use it to Easily Sell a Tripwire
I looove using SendOwl to sell my tripwires! For me, it’s the best way for leads to pay for themselves!
In case you’re unfamiliar with tripwires, here’s what they are, in a nutshell:
Essentially, a tripwire is a low cost product (frequently under $10-$20, very rarely over $50) that you sell to someone who has just signed up for your email list (which is the most valuable thing in your business!).
So it looks something like this: You offer a freebie — say a 7 Day Instagram Planner — for anyone who signs up for your email list. Once they sign up, they’re taken to a page that offers them an “upsell” (in this case, also your tripwire). It might be a 30 Day Social Media Planner (for the top 3 hottest platforms), plus a list of ideas for what to post each day, for $7 (normally $27!)
It’s typically a limited time offer, too: they can only purchase it on that page for that price, with a countdown timer that gives them the motivation they need to buy right then.
They click the button on that page, it takes them to your SendOwl checkout (with the discount already applied — thank you, SendOwl, for making that possible — and easy!) So they simply enter their email address, payment info, hit submit and they’re immediately taken to a download page (as well as automatically emailed the download information — all by SendOwl.)
Talk about easy!
You can “get leads to pay for themselves” by offering the right tripwire, at the right price, to the right people. Say for every 10 people you send to your tripwire page, one buys the product for $7. You can then get an idea of how much you should be spending on ads and still be profitable.
Of all the choices here, I have to admit, this is my favorite of the seven ways to make money with SendOwl.
3. Refer Others to SendOwl and Earn Recurring Commissions
As I mentioned briefly before, you can earn money by referring other sellers to SendOwl. This wont work for every niche, but if it can work for you, that’s great news!
Because SendOwl is one of the few affiliate programs (or “referral schemes as they call it — they’re based in England, after all!) that pays you month after month, for the life of the customer (also known as a “recurring affiliate program. It’s awesome!)
Think of it this way… if you referred 15 people a month (and just to make the math easy, they all chose the $24/month plan) you’d earn $72 every month. While that doesn’t sound like a lot for some people, check out how it compounds:
- Month 1 – 15 referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $72
- Month 2 – 30 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $144
- Month 3 – 45 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $216
- Month 4 – 60 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $288
- Month 5 – 75 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $360
- Month 6 – 90 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $432
- Month 7 – 105 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $504
- Month 8 – 120 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $576
- Month 9 – 135 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $648
- Month 10 – 150 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $720
- Month 11 – 165 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $792
- Month 12 – 180 total referrals x 20% commission on the $24 plan = $864
So after one year of referring 15 sellers to SendOwl, you’d be making almost $1000, month after month. Of course, there are variables to this: some months you may refer more, or fewer, than 15 new sellers, not all of them will use the $24 plan, some will drop off during that time, etc. But I wanted to share that chart to show some possibilities.
I mean, $1000 a month could be life-changing for some people, but for most bloggers, that will be just ONE part of your overall income. Most bloggers have multiple streams of income, and/or affiliate programs they promote. But the recurring income sure is nice!
4. Have Affiliates Help You Sell Your Products
Another cool thing about selling on SendOwl, is that you can easily have other people sign up as affiliates for you, creating sales on your behalf!
Once your product (or products) are all set up and ready to sell, you can simply go into your settings>>marketing>>affiliate marketing configuration. As usual, SendOwl makes the whole process super easy!
You simply configure the program to meet your needs:
- Set up a mailing list ID (to contact your affiliates)
- Set the cookie lifetime
- Set the cookie expiry
- Set the affiliate pay delay
- Site links and direct selling
- Terms & Conditions of your program
- Set your commission rate
Once you have it all set up, and affiliates have joined your program, you can see their stats, ban affiliates who have broken any rules, change commission rates for certain affiliates and more. Again, they make it all so easy!
5. Easily Sell Memberships and Subscriptions
If you’ve ever thought of having a membership or subscription site, for ongoing, reliable monthly income, SendOwl makes it easy. (And I know I keep using the word “easy”, but that’s because SendOwl is truly easy! Sure, down the road you may need a more complicated system, but for beginner to even intermediate entrepreneurs, SendOwl is the perfect solution.)
You can use SendOwl for:
- Online memberships
- Digital subscriptions
- Physical product subscriptions (like a jewelry of the month club, etc.)
- Drip subscriptions (where your customer gets a new portion of your course, and/or audios, videos, etc. at set intervals)
- And more!
SendOwl integrates with membership platforms like S2 Member Pro, WishList Member and MemberMouse.
6. Sell Physical Products trough SendOwl
I’ve mentioned this a few times, but it also gets its own section, because some people will only want to sell physical products, and they may be surprised that they can do that with SendOwl!
You can sell products one at a time, or, as I mentioned before, as part of a subscription program.
7. Sell Products for Others Through Their SendOwl
And finally, you can sign up for other product sellers’ affiliate programs! This one, I will admit, is a little tricky. You see, SendOwl doesn’t have some list of affiliates somewhere you can just peruse through and find the ones that are a fit for you. So in most cases, you’ll probably just naturally find sellers who run their affiliate programs via SendOwl as you look for and/or buy products/courses, etc. that appeal to you.
Here are a few I found around the web that might be of interest to you:
- Get Paid to Pin
- Instagram Landing Page Templates
- Amazon Affiliate Affluence
- BluChic Website Themes
- eBook Bestseller Bootcamp course
If I find an easier way to find sellers who offer affiliate programs through SendOwl, I’ll update this post, ASAP.
So there you have it! 7 ways to make money with SendOwl. I suggest choosing at least one, as SendOwl is really an easy way to start making money online — no matter which way you choose!